In celebration of the 15th anniversary of Celebrate Bisexuality Day, held every September 23rd, GLAAD, BiNet USA and other bisexual organizations are launching Bisexual Awareness Week.
Bisexual Awareness Week (#biweek) exists to help draw attention to the public policy concerns of bisexual people while also celebrating the great resiliency of bisexual culture and community.
Each day has a different theme (and corresponding social media hashtag). Check out the schedule below. Read more about Bisexual Awareness Week, bisexual public policy priorities, events, and more at bisexualweek.com.
- Sunday 9/21 #BiHistory – Post, status update and tweet about important moments in bisexual movement history and/or the names and images of famous bi* people throughout history
- Monday 9/22 #BiFacts – Post, status update and tweet facts about being bi* e.g., stories and statistics about bi* health, safety/security, quality of life, or funding and social disparities
- Tuesday 9/23 “My #bisexuality looks like…” – Post, status update and tweet “My #bisexuality looks like” finishing the sentence to express bisexual, pansexual, fluid, queer and fluid pride and experience
- Wednesday 9/24 #BiMedia – Post, status update and tweet the names and images of your favorite bisexual blogs, films, tv shows, authors, artists, cultural workers, and thank them for their work
- Thursday 9/25 #RecognizeBiMen – Post, status update and tweet selfies of bisexual men. Allies can post, status update and tweet selfies with bisexual men in their lives or holding up an image of the book Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men
- Friday 9/26 #BiTrans – Post, status update and tweet affirming statements and images about being bi* and trans*
- Saturday 9/27 #BiAllies – Post, status update and tweet selfies of bisexuals with people that love, support and champion them